Friday, November 18, 2011

My Home Pick

It's hard to believe that it is just about a week before Thanksgiving.  This time next week, we should be well on our way to Northern Maine!  With that said, I'm really, really hoping to get a good family picture taken on Thanksgiving that can be used as our family Christmas picture.  Last year we were very last minute with all of this.  Thankfully they were mailed before Christmas (although I can't guarantee that most people received them before Christmas... oh well.)  
The family picture from Christmas 2010

Before we had Jadon we typically just sent out cards, now we really like to send out photo cards because they are really easy and it's what I like to get from our friends with kids.  People like to see how your family is changing... and the littler kids are, the more they change from year to year!  

In past years for our photo card needs, we've used Wal-Mart, CVS, and Shutterfly, but I never seemed to be able to find exactly what I was looking for.  This year, my husband has a desire to create his own (using his awesome computer graphic skills - I'm jealous).  We'll see if he finds the time to make this happen.  It would be nice, but I'm not holding out because it's a busy time of year for my pastor husband!  


I also recently discovered that there are loads of people selling custom photo cards via Etsy.  Definitely something worth looking into, at least for a little inspiration! 

Hopefully our Christmas photo cards are done and crossed off our to-do list for the holidays!  Say Cheese!

~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment