I've always got a to do list going - whether it's written or mental. I think Andy's blood pressure rises every time I say, "Hey, I was thinking..." Well, maybe not, but it does make him nervous!
With the new year here and the anticipation of our baby girl (yup, it's a girl!) arriving in June, I've had about a million projects running through my mind. So, with that said, I thought I'd make my "official" list.
- Paint main entryway/hallway, stairwell, and upstairs hallway (never been done since we moved in, so... white, flat paint that shows every ding my 2 year old and husband have put in it)
- Actually finish decorating our bedroom (curtains, real nightstand(s), new/upcycled headboard - like this, only a different color)
- Convert guest room to our baby girl's nursery (requires doing something to the badly water-damaged hardwood floors that had old, stained, wall-to-wall carpeting that we ripped up)
- Replace the half fallen down fence in our backyard (since we live in a parsonage, this is pretty much out of my hands... but I'm really hoping it gets done this spring!)
- Have a yard sale this spring (may sound crazy with a baby coming in early June, but this has to happen to create room for baby girl... I've been setting aside yard sale items for years now.)
- Start a scrapbook for Jadon (I have nothing scrapbooked for him yet... and I have to at least have a good start on one before the baby comes)
- Paint the trim and baseboard heat in areas of the house that we just didn't get to before we moved in
- Make a growth chart (like this)
- Rough sand and wax coat the kitchen island so that there is no more chipping paint
- Paint the screen porch and replace/patch broken screen (wanted to get that done last year, but it didn't happen...)
- Purchase a new/used patio set (We have a nice, big deck but no patio furniture except for a couple deck chairs... It's sad, really.)
- Paint the deck (Ours is in desperate need of something. My talented father-in-law did his last spring and it looks awesome! Inspiring... hopefully.)
- Re-work our built in shelves on either side of our fireplace to be a little more practical (like for storing books and DVDs in nice covered baskets, of course)
Well, I think that may be it for now. This list is a little scary to me... especially since I'd like to see the majority of it completed by the time baby girl arrives. I'm realistically optimistic - meaning, I know not all of it will get done, but hopefully enough will get done to keep me sane. The next several months will no doubt be a whirlwind, but hopefully I'll be able to share a few "to do list" accomplishments with you. Well, here's to making my list and checking off a few things soon!