Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Peace of God

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6-7

This is the passage that our family has been working on lately.  A little lengthy for a 2 year old, but he's getting a lot of it.  It seems to be a timely verse for me, too.  The the beginning of fall right through the New Year always seems to make me a little nuts and I need to remember to continually go to God with my requests because, whether God completely removes the burden or not, I know God will grant peace.  

Keep praying.  Day and night.  While doing laundry or driving to the grocery store.  During quiet nap times and toddler tantrums.  Through the good days and bad.  Keep praying.
~ Carrie ~


No comments:

Post a Comment