Thursday, November 1, 2012

Counting My Blessings - Day 1

It's a rare quiet Thursday morning.  Andy took Jadon with him to the church for a bit this morning, and Madelynn is down for her morning nap.  Everyone is "hungover" from a night of candy, costumes, candy, trick or treating, candy, visiting with friends, and more candy... So, here I am still in pajamas at almost 10 a.m. (a rare occurrence) with the some Christian music playing, and my mind goes back to a year ago.  

Last night, in the midst of all the festivities of Halloween, my mind went back to October 31st 2011 when I discovered that I was pregnant with Little Miss Maddie.  What an overwhelming day that was - Andy coming home around 4, friends for dinner at 5, trick or treating at 6, and then finally having the opportunity to share with Andy something that we'd been praying about for the past year and a half!  (See An Expected Blessing to read about this journey in our life.)  

The past year has been a whirlwind of blessings and challenges.  God has continued to be our Constant Provider, even during difficult times.  He's brought more joy to our life through the life of our precious little girl.  He's taught us new lessons with each day.  He's been our Faithful One.  

As I held my baby this morning before laying her down for her nap, I was overwhelmed with God's goodness - even in the midst of such a busy time for our family.  I am so grateful for this blessing that I've anticipated and enjoyed over the last year!





~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment