Sunday, November 4, 2012

Counting My Blessings - Days 3 & 4

These next two blessings have a lot to do with one another... 

First of all, I am so blessed by my church family.  October was Pastor Appreciation Month, and we were overwhelmed by the outpouring of gifts throughout the month.  Despite both my husband and myself growing up with in families in full-time ministry, the transition from attending our church as congregants to leadership was not easy (especially for me).  At 25 years old, becoming a pastor's wife was very intimidating - but we knew God was leading us here.  We are blessed with a loving and supportive church family that I am reminded of every week.  

The second blessing is our home.  It's the parsonage, so without our church... well, I'm not sure where we would live!  The first 3 years of our marriage we lived in a one bedroom, basement apartment that... had its quirks.  Without going into the details of that, I can say that moving into this 3 bedroom house with fresh paint felt like we'd won the lottery.  Although that feeling has subsided in the last few years, the feeling of gratitude that I (we) have for the home we live in has not.  We are so thankful that God has provided us with a more than adequate home to raise our family in.  






~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment