Wednesday, May 4, 2011

21 Day Organizing Challenge - Week 2


Week 2 of my 21 Days of Organizing has been accomplished.  It wasn't easy... and I didn't get one thing done for each day, but by the end of the week I've cleaned and organized all 14 areas!  One more week to go.  Here's an overview of what I accomplished this week. 

Day 8 - Coat Closet



BEFORE
AFTER
This was done not too long ago, but definitely needed to be done.  It's clean, but I'm still not satisfied with the overall organization of the area.  At least winter things are put away, unnecessary shoes were put away, and the top shelf is cleaned up. 

Day 9 - Toy Organization

BEFORE
AFTER 









Oh... this has been something I've been meaning to get to for a while.  I've started to a couple of times, but never fully got the job done.  Now the toys Jadon has outgrown are packed and ready to be taken up to the attic, and the toys that he still plays with are organized a little better (although I'm on the hunt for a better toy basket in the living room).  There are no pictures of the cabinet, but the books and few toys are as organized as they are going to be.  

BEFORE
AFTER
AFTER











Day 10 - Laundry Room

No pics here.  Our laundry is in the unfinished portion of our basement, which mostly serves as my hubby's fix-it and puttering space and a storage area.  It's pretty much always a work-in-progress to get it organized.  So even though there's not much to organize, I did take the time to clean my washer and dryer (wiping them down inside and out).  

Day 11 - The Freezer

BEFORE
BEFORE

BEFORE (Yucky...)
AFTER
AFTER 




















I'm glad I got this done and am actually looking forward to the fridge this week.  The basket with frozen veggies was the worst.  Now I know what I have and can see it all!  My stock of meat and chicken is also better organized and in an area that is easier for me to see.  

Day 12 - Spice Cabinet

BEFORE 
AFTER 





















This has been a very aggravating cabinet for me.  I can't tell you how many times things have fallen out at me (bottle of olive oil in my cookie dough?).  My husband's biggest beef with this cabinet has been the number of cookie cutters scattered throughout the shelves.  Well, after some reorganization and a couple of small baskets, the cookie cutters are taken care of and nothing is falling out now!

Day 13 - Medicine Cabinet

BEFORE
AFTER



BEFORE
AFTER

There are two medicine cabinets in my house and neither of them was all that disorganized.  I was able to purge a few expired/nearly expired medications and logically think through how things could be organized better.    


Day 14 - Under Bathroom Sink

BEFORE 
AFTER
 Only one of our bathrooms has a cabinet under the sink... but it definitely needed some help.  There were some random things under there (some that weren't even ours!).  

That's it for Week 2!  Here's what's coming up for the final 7 days...
  • Day 15 - Medicine/Vitamin Storage
  • Day 16 - The Fridge
  • Day 17 - The Mail
  • Day 18 - Keepsakes
  • Day 19 - Master Closet
  • Day 20 - Photos 
  • Day 21 - My Pick!
~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment