Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Home Pick

Since I successfully completed my 21 Days of Organizing, I have not decided to take a break from household chores.  Actually, with all the rain we've had (along with most of the rest of the country, it seems) I thought I should probably take advantage of the time that I was mostly stuck inside.  What did I do?  I cleaned my floors.  Thus, this week's home pick.

We have an area rug in our living room and one bedroom that is carpeted.  The rest of the house is either hardwood or tile.  When we first moved into our home I was a little overwhelmed with how to care for these nice hardwood floors.  I didn't think I had too many options, so I just purchased a mop system for hardwood floors.  Special pads (that could be used a few times) had to be purchased, as well as a special cleaning solution.  Done.


It worked well.  The thing was, I hated the way it smelled.  It was orange-ish, and strong!  And the smell lasted a long time.  Within a couple months of using this mopping system, my son started crawling and I was now paranoid about all the cleaner I'd just polished my floors with as he went crawling and then shoving his hands in his mouth.  The other thing was that it could only be used on hardwood floors, so I had to use something different to clean both my bathroom floors.  Needless to say, I wasn't satisfied with my choice, but dealt with it for a while.  

Last August I purchased a Shark Steam Pocket Mop and I love it!  I can use it on my hardwoods and tile.  It can go anywhere, any corner, in any direction.  It doesn't require any cleaning solutions - just water.  It doesn't make my house smell like anything but my house (which I happen to like).  I don't have to wait any more than a minute for it to dry.  AND it works great!  If you have a lot of hard floors (wood, tile, linoleum) I would definitely recommend getting one.  If you know someone who has one, try it out to see how you like it.  Shark Steam Mops are found in several retail stores including Kohl's and Target.  

~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment