Friday, August 26, 2011

Ups, Downs, Giggles, and Tears

Finally getting to eat a bit once he was on the mend
This pretty much sums up my week.  Being fully recovered from a stomach bug that had him down last weekend, Jadon was all over the place this week.  Mornings seemed especially crabby, afternoons turned especially fun.  His sleeping hours were long and peaceful, while his waking hours consisted of eating everything in sight!  Growth spurt?  Who knows!  All I know is that by about 9:30 this morning (Friday) I'd had enough.  I had started to reach that breaking point where I just wanted to do was banish each of us to our rooms, go back to bed, wake up, and start the whole morning over again.  Yeah... that wasn't going to happen.  

Instead, after managing to settle Jadon down after yet another meltdown, he and I plopped into the recliner to chill-out for a few minutes and I hopped on my laptop to vent to my husband (via the internet).  His response: heartfelt concern for all that was going on and a link to an article that he'd just read.  So to all you moms out there, whether it was an up or down day for you, whether you thought about going back to bed or actually did, I'd encourage you to read this article.  It's not long (plus you'll probably be stuck inside waiting out the hurricane!).  My guess is that (like me) it will make you nod your head in agreement and reevaluate how you handle your own sinfulness in raising your children (a tough pill to swallow).  All of this to say, read this and you will be both challenged and encouraged.  Have a great weekend!  

Motherhood is Application by Rachel Jankovic

~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment