Monday, June 6, 2011

Matters of Marriage


I thought today I would include a thought (a reminder to myself mostly) on the purpose of marriage from John Piper that is probably something I should say to myself every day.

"...(T)he most foundational thing you can say about marriage is 
that it is the doing of God, and the most ultimate thing you can 
say about marriage is that it is for the display of God."  
( By John Piper. © Desiring God. Website: desiringGod.org)

Today I would like to say Happy Anniversary to my parents and parents in-law who have both celebrated 30 years of marriage in the last week.  They are the strongest examples of godly marriages that I can think of, and certainly have been and continue to be a great influence on both me and my husband.  We celebrate our 5th anniversary at the end of the week and their celebrations certainly help to inspire us to continue in our work to "display" God in our relationship.  

~ Carrie ~ 

1 comment: