Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Home Pick

This is my first ever food home pick.  My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years, and I think it's accurate to say that my cooking has come a long way.  Even still, I like simple recipes that are easy to put your own twist on - and still taste incredible.  That's why this week's home pick is... 

A Trifle!

There are so many trifle recipes out there. (My recommendation is to go to www.allrecipes.com and search for "trifle").  What's so great about a trifle?  It's a good dessert for any season, any time of year, or just about any occasion.  A trifle can be put together using a variety of simple ingredients.  

Basic trifles need 4 basic ingredients:
  • Something cake-like - any kind of cake (chocolate, vanilla, spice, pound, etc.), brownies, or cookies
  • Pudding
  • Filling - any kind of crushed up candy bar, fruit, or nuts
  • Whipped Topping
That's it!  It couldn't be much easier.  My husband has even put this dessert together (and he has a fairly strict no-baking allowed rule that he's typically glad to abide by)!  So impress without the stress.  Make a trifle for your next dinner get-together.  

~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment