Friday, April 22, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Messy...

It's been yet another exciting, busy week in our household - full of traveling, visits with family members, music, ice cream, etc.  We've had a lot of fun together.


This week has brought with it two milestones in child-rearing - one good and one not so good.  I'll share the bad news first.  Jadon's newest sentence is (drum roll please...): "Are we there yet, Mummy?"  I lost track of the number of times we heard this on our way home Thursday... and he slept for three quarters of the ride!  We've since heard this question every time we go for a ride!  Unfortunately I'm thinking this phase isn't going to pass any time soon...


So now here is the good news.  I think Jadon's ready for potty training, mostly because he's been going on the potty of his own free will (more than in his diaper) for the past 2 days.  It's both exciting and scary for me.  I dread having to clean up wet and/or soiled clothes, furniture, or floors.  We'll see how it goes.  We're thinking we'll officially begin next week, so any prayers offered up on our behalf would be much appreciated!


Leading up to Easter, I have not shared any of what our family does or will do to celebrate Easter this year.  The reason is that we're still trying to figure this out!  This weekend we'll be trying a few things out, so you can be sure that I'll be blogging about what we did and thoughts on how it all went.  For now, I hope you have had a reflective Good Friday, and with me are looking forward to Resurrection Sunday!  Have a wonderful Easter!  


~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment