Friday, March 4, 2011

Blessed with Busyness

It’s been a busy few weeks for our little family, but, as I was saying to a friend this week, I don’t mind being busy when I’m busy with blessings.  Blogging was the thing to set aside while in the midst of a week of three long day trips and a visit from my mom for a few days.

We had a lot of fun traveling to see my brother playing in his state basketball tournament.  They won on Monday, but lost on Thursday.  They played very well and we had lots of fun.  The cherry on top was that Jadon was great!  He sat through multiple basketball games (during nap times and bed times) without any major meltdowns!  He even snoozed during a couple of games! 

We were privileged to have my mom come to visit for a few days (between basketball games).  We had lots of fun shopping, eating ice cream, looking at furniture, scrapbooking (me), preparing taxes (her), playing with Jadon, talking, and laughing really hard about things that most people wouldn’t find all that funny. 
No joke... I've always said, "Thin mints make you thin." Unfortunately, thanks to my mom, we indulged in this Christmas Tree Shops find a little too much.  I, therefore, have no comment as to what thick mints make you!

Whereas last week was full of unusual busyness, this week has been back to the normal kind of busyness: grocery shopping, Bible study, play dates, babysitting, and planning for upcoming events.  It may not sound all that normal to others, but it is to me! – and each event is a blessing… yes, even grocery shopping on an unusually tight budget can be a blessing because it’s a reminder of God’s constant provision. 

So, whether your week was normal or unusual, I hope how you lived was a blessing to you and others.  Have a great weekend!

~ Carrie ~

Psalm 84

How lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty!
My sould years, even faiths, for the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young –
a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
Hear my prayer, LORD God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob.
Look on our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one.
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
LORD Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment