Friday, March 11, 2011

Fresh Fridays

In the midst of a very sleepless week, I've asked myself several times what I put joy in.  Do I put my joy in keeping my routine?  Perfectly balancing a budget?  Getting my son to eat all of his vegetables? Getting a full night's sleep?  It's during these days (and sometimes weeks) that I have to challenge myself to get past the spilled milk and remember that God is good.  

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
   let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
   that those who love your name may rejoice in you. 
                                                             Psalm 5:11

I took time to enjoy a little spontaneous craft time with my boy this week, and we had a lot of fun!  It also made a few rainy days a little more sunny!


I hope that even as the rains of life come, you'll seek the joy of the Lord.  Rest in the comfort His Word brings.  Find peace in communing with him in daily prayer.  And take time to enjoy life!  

~ Carrie ~




No comments:

Post a Comment