Friday, March 25, 2011

Summer Fun To-Do List


In last week’s Fresh Friday post, I mentioned that I would be putting together my list of family activities for warmer weather.  I did this same thing last year and we probably did close to have the things on my list.  This year I’m hoping to do more than half.  Some of the listed activities are duplicates from last year and some are new.  My plan is to print the list, maybe even multiple copies, to place in a few strategic places around my house to keeping me thinking about opportunities to do these activities.  I’m thinking probably on the refrigerator and on or near my night stand.  I hope my list inspires you to come up with your own.

Here’s my list (in no particular order):
  • Endicott Park – This is a huge park with walking trails and a petting zoo about 15 min away; a couple bucks to park during the week.
  • Stone Zoo – They have a free entrance day at the end of the summer!
  • Mini Golf & Ice Cream at Richardson’s – A big dairy farm with mini golf and really good, homemade ice cream
  • Swim at the In-Law’s Pool as much as possible – I’m sure they won’t mind!
  • Walk Lake Quannapowitt as much as possible – Already did this once this year and will definitely go back
  • Walk Lynn Woods – This place is pretty close by, and we’ve never gone.  This is a must do this summer.
  • Walk Breakheart Reservation – We go by this place on our way to church and have never gone.  Also a must do.
  • Rockport/Gloucester – It’s become a tradition, so it has to be on the list.
  • Go to the ocean – We live 15-30 min away from multiple beaches along the coast, and yet we didn’t make it to the ocean even ONCE last summer!  Shame on us!  Definitely a must do!
  • Concert at the Esplanade in Boston – Many shows are free, and you just sit out on the grass.  Not sure how a toddler would do, so this may end up being a summer date night!
  • Tour the USS Constitution – We have a friend in the navy who recently began serving on this ship (how cool is that?) so we’d really like to go and see him, and the ship.
  • Go to the Stoneham pool – It’s free, and has a big kiddie pool with a spraying fountain in it!
  • Pick strawberries – Not sure where exactly, but I know there are a few places around.
  • Have a picnic – Even if it’s while we’re at one of the above places.
Have a great weekend everyone!

~ Carrie ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment