Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Primitive Pick

My primitive pick for this week is... (drum roll, please)

Dish Towels

Yes, you read that correctly.  Dish towels are an easy way to add a little bit of seasonal decor to your kitchen.  I often have a hard time finding ways to include my kitchen in my holiday and seasonal decorating throughout the year.  Counter space is always taken up by cooking and baking supplies, and most of my wall space is covered with cupboards and appliances.  So how do you bring a little spring, Christmas, Thanksgiving, fall, etc. into your kitchen?  

Here are two options that I have in my house. 
This is a dish towel that I have hanging off my cupboard to the left of my sink on an antique dish towel rack.  It was a wonderful Christmas gift from my mom, so I'm not sure where you can find these.




This was a house-warming gift from my husband's parents and it goes great in my kitchen/dining room area.  I'm privileged to have so many people around me who share my taste in decor!
In my home, these two towels are "for decorative use only" (which is quite the joke in our family, since my husband and father never seem to know what towel they can dry their hands on - whether at my house or my parents!).  I do have some that are regular hand / dish drying towels.  So even if the only spot for a nice dish towel like this is hanging from the oven door, refrigerator handle, or cabinet door, it's still festively brightening up an otherwise undecorated area of your home.  Dish towels like these can be found in a number of places (and for a variety of prices) such as: Wal-Mart, Target, TJ Maxx, Christmas Tree Shops, Home Goods, and other specialty home decor stores.  

~ Carrie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment